Xinorbis update news

The first stage is now complete.

I’ve migrated the source code from Delphi 2007 to 10.1 Berlin. I’ve also completely redesigned the GUI architecture (it still looks the same though (for now)), and I’m now in the process of bolting everything back together (stage 2).

This is a big task. Xinorbis’ code had become rather large and unwieldy over the years, so the process of pulling everything apart, to then put it all back together, is not an altogether easy one. Part of stage 2 is going to be improving the code, removing unused code (I’ve found some already), and improving performance by utilising as many new language features as I can.

I’ve made a good start. There are about 240 separate “to do” items left to, erm, do, from an initial ~280. Some of these items will take mere minutes, some of them will likely take a day, and require rewrites of important sections of code.

I’m hoping to finish stage 2 by the end of the year. I don’t think it’s too unrealistic. Once it’s ready I’ll release a beta. Once everything is working the real fun begins…

PAF

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s